For those that were not at the June meeting, big announcements came from the Planning Committee.
(1) We have By-Laws and Rules & Regulations.
(2) We are requiring dues to be paid to be an official guild member. The cost for the "first half" of the 2012-2013 fiscal year is $20.
(3) Elections for the Executive Council will be at the next meeting - the JULY 2012 meeting. You can read about the duties of the Executive Council positions in the By-Laws and Rules & Regulations.
(4) We need volunteers for committees! Committee positions are not elected, but members of a committee report to an Executive Council position. You can read about the duties of the committees in the Rules & Regulations.
What do you get, as a member of the Austin Modern Quilt Guild?
- Attendance to monthly meetings
- Ability to vote in Guild activities
- Participation in Guild swaps, exchanges, bees, field trips, and special guest speakers
- Priority registration for retreats, workshops, and sew-ins
- Discounts at local quilt shops!
- Membership card
- Learn more about us by reading our By-Laws and Rules & Regulations.
Click on the MEMBERSHIP tab on the blog to sign up for membership! Paid membership is required to vote at the July meeting.