Show and Tell
- Bring an item you finished or are working on to share with the group!
- We love seeing WIPs and finished quits.
After Show and Tell, we are going to discuss QUILT BACKS! Have you enrolled in Elizabeth Hartman's free craftsy online class titled Creative Quilt Backs? If not, try to enroll before the September meeting for a preview of our discussion.
The discussion on quilt backs will be broken into four categories:
- A back using a large scale print
- A back with a pieced strip
- A back a block that matches the front
- A super scrappy back
If you have an example of one or more of these quilt backings on a quilt at home, please bring it! We want this discussion to be interactive and full of examples.
Lastly, we will have a short demonstration with Bobbi Brekke (secretary of Austin MQG) and Jessica Sloan (owner of Remnants) who will show a quick trick on how to use the least amount of fabric possible when making backs for small quilts.
Jelly Roll Drawing
- The guild's second Jelly Roll Drawing!
- This month's jelly roll theme is polka dot fabric.
- Want more details? Get them here!
New Members Drawing
- There will be a drawing at this meeting... The people that officially joined the guild during the month of August will be eligible to win great quilt-y prizes!
- Christine will provide us with information about the October 12-14 retreat, held at the Wimberley Quilt Ranch.
- Becoming a paid member of the Austin Modern Quilt Guild is the best way to get the most from the group.
- If you haven't paid your $20 fee yet, please do so before the next meeting!
- Please bring a folding chair or camp chair if you have one. Seating is limited at Remnants!
- Snacks and drinks will be provided.
- See you there!