Hello everyone, it's time again for our monthly meeting. We'll meet on November 8th at the Ronald McDonald House Charities Community Room, from 6:00 to 8:30 pm.
- Sign in with the membership committee.
- Social Time from 6:00-6:30: Feel free to mingle in the Community Room, hallway, or upstairs patio. However, we've been warned that the patio door can be locked from the inside, so take care not to get locked out of the meeting space unless you have a loud yelling voice or Mission: Impossible climbing skills. :-)
- There will be information shared about our next weekend retreat in Wimberley on March 29-31, 2013. It's going to be a great opportunity to work on all of those new ideas you have from attending QuiltCon! Future retreat dates in August and possibly November will be discussed as well as some sign-up and payment policy changes that will go into effect during this next retreat sign-up session. The current retreat cost is as follows (facilities fee + processing fees):
Entire weekend = $115
One night = $60
One day = $30
- We'll be gearing up for the annual Holiday White Elephant Gift Exchange held during the December guild meeting. Keep in mind that your gift should be:
- Less than $10
- Something handmade or supplies to make something (fat quarters, gift card, pattern, etc.)
- Hidden inside a paper bag so it can be revealed during the exchange
Show & Tell
Bring a finished quilt or work in progress to share with the group. We are anxious to see what our members are working on to enter in the QuiltCon Show!
- Turn in Pincushion for the Pincushion swap: Paid members will eligible for a prize! Make sure there's a piece of paper attached to your pincushion with the following info: Name, Email, Blog, Guild, Pincushion Filling, Attending QuiltCon (Y/N). Christine Smartt can help route your pincushion if you can't make it to the November meeting.
- Turn in any completed butterfly charity blocks. We are looking for volunteers to piece that quilt top, piece the back, and bind this quilt. This project is a donation for Friends of Annie, a charity created by Jessica Sloan of Remnants:fiber[culture]. Fabric for the quilt back and binding can be picked up from the charity closet at Remnants.
As a reminder - food is welcomed at the Ronald McDonald House, but we cannot bring in alcohol. If you would like to bring a snack to share, please feel free to do so.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!!