Once upon a time in the windy lands of the Old West a baby girl was born to a rooted father and a gypsy mother. And so begins the story of Madrona Road, a modern, sophisticated fabric collection of crisp florals, monochromatic textures and text prints.
Violet Craft designs licensed fabric for Michael Miller Fabrics from her home in Portland, Oregon. Her newest collection, Madrona Road shipped to stores in July 2012 and her new collection of Distinctive Lifestyle Sewing Patterns was released in Winter of 2012. Most days she can be found playing on Twitter, Flickr and Instagram under the ID violetcraft or blogging at Violet Craft.
If you'd like to participate, here are the guidelines:
- ONLY add more Madrona Road or solid fabrics to your project. *
- Using other colorways of the fabric line is allowed.
- Quilting something is encouraged, but you are allowed to make any sewn project you'd like.
- Completed projects should be uploaded to the Modern Quilt Guild’s Flickr page by January 31, 2013.
- Also, please add your photos to the Austin MQG Flickr page and on Violet Craft's Flickr share page.
- Quilts finished and posted on the national MQG Flickr page prior to 1/31 are available for consideration to be used by the Michael Miller Booth at QuiltCon (if the quilter is interested).
- Please bring your finished project to our next meeting on Thursday, February 28, 2013 to be entered to win door prizes.
We can’t wait to see all of your creative projects!
*If you would like to add more Madrona Road fabric to your project, several local quilt shops are carrying this line in their stores. The Cotton Cupboard and Valli and Kim have the Ocean color way and Form and Fabric has both the citrus and ocean color ways for sale online.
Please remember that while anyone can join in on the fun, only members are eligible to receive prizes. If you'd like to learn more about membership please click here. We'd love for you to join us!