I know we're all excited about Jacquie Gering's visit, but please don't forget about the upcoming AMQG retreat! You're going to get so much accomplished Friday, November 8 through Sunday, November 10 at Wimberley Quilt Ranch.
Complete the registration form and Paypal payment here. The whole weekend is $125 for a large, spacious workspace and your very own memory foam mattress! Food is not included, but often people coordinate potlucks and excursions into town. I even hear there's a margarita maker or two!
If you need more incentive, here's Jay Lenno's famous Top 10 list to get you motivated. Ok, so it's not really from Jay, but we can pretend :D
Top 10 reasons to attend an Austin Modern Quilt Guild retreat
1. The fantastic workroom! Three large cutting mats, a table for your sewing machine and projects, design walls, and three irons and ironing boards.
2. Finally finishing those UFOs.
3. Inspiration and guidance from other quilters. Or to just covet their fabric collection.
4. Late night laugh sessions.
5. Valli & Kim is 15 minutes away, if you have a fabric emergency or need to a stash update.
6. If you have kids, getting a kid-free weekend. If you don't have kids, its still a kid-free weekend!
7. Bobbin! Sewing can be turned into a drinking game.
8. Comfortable memory foam mattresses. Don't forget your pillow!
9. Morning coffee and early morning laugh sessions.
10. Quilting friends. Because your other friends just don't get it.