This time the block is super easy - no bias edges, no traingles, no problem! The block is called Posts and Rails by Judy Martin. She has a Block of the Moment and the blocks are not archived once they are removed from her site, but luckily I found this image on Pinterest (where else??) and I'll share the info with you.
Need a quick challenge rule refresher?
- Bring as many blocks as you like
- Each block = 1 entry to win a group of the blocks
- The rest of the blocks will be made into an outreach quilt
- Win prizes while giving back to the community!
- If you are unable to make it to the meeting, you can still play. Contact me for more info at email@example.com
Instructions: September BOM Posts and Rails
Makes one 10.5" x 10.5" unfinished block
Please use any combo of blue and green fabric. Add a neutral if you wish! These instructions use the colors I picked so you can follow along.
Cut the following:
- (3) 2.5" x 5.5" strips of blue fabric
- (3) 2.5" x 5.5" strips of green fabric
- (2) 2.5" x 10.5" strips of contrasting fabric
Sew together like so:
Viola! You're finished. Now go make one or two or seven :) If you have any questions, please ask! And if you'd like, upload your pictures to the Flickr group.
Top contributors so far are:
1. Kathi B with 4
2. Emily T with 4
3. Christi C with 3
4. Amanda K with 3
5. Lori M with 3
I'm lining up some GOOD prizes, so get stitching people!